directory

Ooodles of old stuff including How-To's, Writers Resources, Directories of all Types, Technology Reviews, Health Information, Marketing Statisitcs, Affluent Markets, Hospital and Medical Market Data and more

Monday, September 04, 2006

Statistics in Life 1

Entry One

I decided to write about things I am truly interested in…so I will tell you up front that these topics may sound scattered. Today, as I was driving around and around the commuter parking lot at 11:30 a.m., I began to think about statistics. Specifically these were some of the main ideas (sterilized of unsolicited exclamations):
· What is the probability of finding a parking space during the busiest time of day at UF?
· What is the mean number of parking violations issued per day at UF?
· How much variation is there?
· How much money is collected from parking violations per year?
· How much does it cost to build a parking garage?
· How cost effective is it for me to drive around searching for parking as compared to getting a ticket now and then…especially since I drive for an hour each way to and from Gainesville?
· Would I save time and money to pay a friend a few hundred dollars to park in his yard and buy a bike to ride to campus?
· What is the likelihood it would rain everyday if I did?
· How much time is added to my life expectancy by walking miles to and from classes when I can't find parking…will I break even?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home